- Before you start to promote your newly created website, you need to fill it with content. An attempt to promote an empty site leads to negative consequences. Firstly, a visitor who gets to such empty website, will leave it immediately and will never come back. Secondly, search engines (not all but many) re-index websites not very often and therefore will remember your site to be empty for a long time.
- After a website has been filled with content, the period of active promotion follows. Active promotion includes:
- Submission of the website to as many search engines and site directories as possible. There are many special sites doing such work for you. We recommend one rather good service - 1ps.biz - automatic submission to directories and search engines. It offers some free options.
- Link and button exchange with other websites. Such exchange creates external links to your website, which improves its position in search engines. Partners for link exchange can be found anywhere, e.g. in our TOP or any other directory (Yahoo!, Dmoz etc).
- Contextual advertising - pay-per-click text ads on Google, Yahoo! and subject websites. Such advertising will bring interested visitors to your website. The mentioned 1ps.biz offers a good work layout - you can order contextual ad design separately or together with its positioning and support.
- Try to regularly update your website so that the visitors were interested in coming back.
We, the uCoz Team, will do our best to make your work on the website the most comfortable, and the range of services - the widest.